Visitation Dress Code
Visitors entering the Oklahoma County Sheriff Office must keep in mind that this is a professional
Establishment and that proper attire is required. Visitation is a Privilege The following are dress and appearance standards
for visitors (including children).
- All visitors shall observe good habits of grooming and personal hygiene.
- Appropriate undergarments will be worn.
- Shoes will be worn at all times by all visitors, including children.
- Shirts and blouses will not be made of sheer or see-through material.
- Blouses may not expose any part of the chest, cleavage, or undergarments.
Tight-fitting clothing will not be allowed, including leggings or exercise attire. Gloves, coats, jackets, hats, caps, or
other head covering (except head covering worn for religious purposes) will not be allowed beyond the lobby area.
Hoodies are discouraged and considered sweaters; therefore, they must be removed to ensure that the covered clothing is
appropriate and in good repair.
Midriff, strapless, muscle shirts”, tube tops, Halter tops, tanks tops, sleeves, shirts, or underclothing worn as outer
garments are not allowed. Clothing items displaying logos, slogans, pictures, or messages with derogatory or offensive
ethnic, racial, sexual gender-specific, gang or gang affiliation, political themes, or advertisements for beer, tobacco,
alcohol, or drugs are strictly prohibited.
Dresses, skirts, and shorts shall be no shorter than (3) inches above the knee when seated, including slits in skirts.
- You are allowed one child per adult visitor under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
All visitors calling to set up a visit can only make it for the visiting person. If you need to add someone,
you will need to do so on the first initial call. Smoking, paraphernalia, lighters, purses, bags, weapons,
cell phones, papers, fingernail clippers, lip gloss, tools, etc., of any kind, are not allowed. These are considered
contraband. Leave them in your vehicle!
Wallets and keys are the only items allowed in the building. Excessive items on key-rings/key-chain will not be permitted
and will be requested to be taken back to the car.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the visitation room.
All visitors will refrain from any harassment or profanity toward any detention staff. If violated, it will result in the
suspension of visitation privilege.
For information regarding online registration for visitation, call: 405-713-2015